[PLUG] Which fast (Indian) mirror for Fedora? (Like PicoNets)

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 18:15:19 IST 2018

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a fast repo mirror for Fedora?

I'm running Fedora 29 Workstation and have BSNL's FTTH 100 mbps connection
which I'd like to take full advantage of with a good fast repo mirror.

The default meta mirror list with the DNF fastestmirror option enabled does
not work well for me.

I tried many of the mirrors listed on
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager/ and currently settled on
http://mirror.switch.ch/ or at least some of the related mirrors listed on
switch.ch (the switch mirror itself is apparently closed down).

These only seem to hover around 20-50 mbps speeds for me, so still looking
for better options.

If you folks remember PicoNets (it currently has ubuntu mirror which is
fast) it is also listed on the fedora mirror list webpage but it currently
is not uptodate. I pinged Prakash (the founder) on linkedin and he
mentioned he will try to look for someone to revive the mirror, so
hopefully that will be a good option :-)

But in the meantime I wanted to know if anyone is using a fast mirror that
works well?

Regards,
Vishal

--
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - St.
Augustine.