[PLUG] Spam over IRC channel

G Karunakar karunakar at geekgod.in
Sat Sep 1 00:12:43 IST 2018

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 13:17:01 +0530
Sudhanwa Jogalekar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 1:10 PM Dhanesh Sabane
> <dhanesh95 at disroot.org> wrote:
>
> > On 08/28/2018 03:11 AM, Raju Devidas wrote:
> > > No one seems to have addressed the spam issues on the IRC side.
> > > And there is continous spam on the channel.
> > >

> > The spam is only growing day by day. It is my request to the
> > admins/moderators to look into this as soon as possible.
> >

> Just to find out whats happening, I had visited the channel once in
> a while. Could not see any activity there.
> But then, I was not active for that long to monitor things.

Basically some random nick joins the channel and posts a random
message or link and exits. Those who are on the channel could tell
what is the frequency. Also does this happen on #pluggies only or on
other freenode channels too?

I am not the OP so cant do much.
But you can suggest settings to do, when we are able to catch an OP.

Karunakar