[PLUG] Applications for Outreachy

Raju Devidas rajudev at disroot.org
Thu Sep 20 17:54:29 IST 2018

Hi everyone, forwarding a message posted by a friend in a group.
Applications for the Outreachy December 2018 to March 2019 internships
are now open: https://www.outreachy.org/apply/ Outreachy provides
three-month internships to work in Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
Interns are paid a stipend of $5,500 and have a $500 travel stipend
available to them. Outreachy internship projects may include
programming, user experience, documentation, illustration and graphical
design, or data science. Interns often find employment after their
internship with Outreachy sponsors or in jobs that use the skills they
learned during their internship. Outreachy internships are open to
applicants around the world. Interns work remotely with mentors from
FOSS communities. We expressly invite women (both cis and trans), trans
men, and gender queer people to apply. We also expressly invite
applications from residents and nationals of the United States of any
gender who are Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, Native
American/American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific
Islander. Anyone who faces under-representation, systematic bias, or
discrimination in the technology industry of their country is invited to
apply. https://www.outreachy.org The timeline for this round is: Sept.
19, 2018 Applicants start making contributions to internship projects
Oct. 30, 2018 Application deadline Nov. 16, 2018 Accepted interns
announced Dec. 4, 2018 to March 4, 2019 Internships period Please read
through the application instructions and eligibility requirements
carefully. This round, we've added a new application process. You will
need to fill out an initial application before you start to work with a
mentor on a project. Applicants will need to record their in-progress
contributions on the Outreachy website. Once one contribution is
recorded, applicants can start to work on the final application for the
internship project. We currently have 12 Free and Open Source
communities who are ready to take contributions from applicants, and we
expect to have about four more join in the next couple of weeks. We'll
send another announcement once we have their landing pages in place. If
you have any questions about the internship, we have volunteers standing
by to answer them. Please contact <applicant-help at outreachy.org
<mailto:applicant-help at outreachy.org>> If you can't get in contact with
a mentor or you're having trouble choosing which project(s) to apply to,
you can contact our mentors mailing list at <mentors at lists.outreachy.org
<mailto:mentors at lists.outreachy.org>> Good luck applying!