[PLUG] PLUG Meetup : August Edition

Tejas Sanap sanap.tejas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 16:48:21 IST 2019

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019, 12:43 Gaurav Pant, <gauravggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I suggest that we plan for Software freedom day. This time it falls on
> 21st September 2019.
>
> We can go ahead with a full day event.

I think that's a great idea. We can hold a workshop for engineering
students or similar kind-of audience.
Engaging with college students to promote open-source technologies like
*tor/IRC* or softwares like *GIMP/kdenlive* or a workshop based on
*bash-scripting* will benefit everyone.
We can also conduct a Capture-the-Flag activity.

> Today is 12th, this gives us more than a month to go ahead with the event,
> promotion, looking for speakers and workshop etc.

Python Pune is also planning for similar activities next month. Perhaps, we
can propose a collaborative event? This will help us gain access to a
larger and more diverse audience.

--
Tejas Sanap
(whereistejas on Freenode)