[PLUG] Want to host your IRC nicks on ZNC?

Tejas Sanap sanap.tejas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 01:43:08 IST 2019

Hey folks!
This email will be short and quick. Yesterday, me and mr_cool (on
#pluggies, Freenode) managed to set up a ZNC instance. We are running
ZNC version 1.6.6 on an Ubuntu 18 AWS instance.

I managed to set up a sample user for you to test and play with. The
webadmin page can be found at: https://18.188.122.29:1234/

You can log in using the following credentials:
Username: joey
Password: howyoudoin

*Please, don't delete any certificates or disable any modules that have
already been checked. Other than that, feel free to mess around. *

To use it in your IRC client, the following settings should be used:
Nick: pluggies-znc
Server: 18.188.122.29
Port: 1234
TLS: On
Password: joey/freenode:howyoudoin

The nick `pluggies-znc` is using *SASL to connect to the freenode* server.
By default you will join a channel called #pluggies-unregistered. You
will find me there. You can ping me and say hi.

I would like to mention and thank MetaNova from the #znc channel, who
helped me set up SASL on ZNC.

As of now, we will be running this ZNC instance on a trial basis. If you
want to be a part of this project, email me at sanap.tejas at gmail.com or
message on IRC. We will be hosting nicks for no costs at all, during
this trial.

--
Tejas Sanap.
(whereistejas on Freenode)