[PLUG] PLUG meet for Feb 2019

Gaurav Pant gauravggs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:04:52 IST 2019

Hello Everyone,

Next PLUG meet is scheduled on 9th Feb 2019. Meeting details are available
at the following link:

https://www.plug.org.in/events/2019/02/09/plug-meeting-february-2019

This time we are going to have a session By Shridhar D on Version control.
Following are the details of the same:
--------
- Why we need version control?
- what is version control?
- what are the prominent/frequently used version control systems? their
salient features
- A practical walk through for a source code version control, with
mercurial
that includes
        - repository creation
        - adding code
        - making changes
        - sharing changes back and forth
        - branching
                - use cases, theory
                - demo of branching
        - merging
        - useful tools
                - history
                - diff
                - blame
        - handling documents in source control
- differentiating multiple version control systems, such as subversion, git
and mercurial based on features and use cases
--------
Please note we would like to have a count of participants so please do
register for the PLUG meet at the following link:

https://www.plug.org.in/plug-meet-registration

The venue will be announce once we get an idea how many people would be
attending.

Thanks and Regards
--
Gaurav (aka Dexter) Pant