[PLUG] Idea for a PLUG meetup with Debian Buster Release party

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 04:08:55 IST 2019

Hello,

On Mon, 8 Jul, 2019, 15:17 Dhanesh B. Sabane, <dhanesh95 at disroot.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 08/07/19 9:54 am, Amey Abhyankar wrote:
> >
> > Will be great to learn difference in 'vi' since Debian 9.
> > For example, copy-paste thing which was seamless with mouse clicks in
> Debian 8.
> >

> Why are mouse clicks required while using 'vi'? :P

Because Sharepoint don't work that easily with vi ;-)

Same goes for JIRA content that needs to go to actual server :-) Specially
when working on customer's P1 issues, mouse clicks are quicker than typing
in vi.

Another example is Grafana probes. Sometimes edit & copy-pasting the probes
using mouse clicks are quicker.

Lastly think of a 1 liner application hotfix in UAT/pre prod env with no
time make any ansible playbooks :-D (Ofcourse Debian 9 based server I mean)

Regards,
Amey.