[PLUG] Editable PDFs - Does the world need them?

Tejas Sanap sanap.tejas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 12:38:46 IST 2019

On Mon 25 Nov, 2019, 12:27 PM AlphaOmega, <alpha0mega at disroot.org> wrote:

> Umm, probably not in a  WYSIWY-edit way but PDFs are editable via LaTeX
> (and similar TypeScript wrappers). Anyone tried that before?

Yes. It is possible to a certain extent using the document conversion
utility called "pdftotext" [1]. However, LaTeX is another battle to fight.
If converting a document in one format to another format, is something you
do on a regular basis, I suggest, checking out pandoc [2][3].

[1]: https://www.xpdfreader.com/pdftotext-man.html
[2]: https://pandoc.org/diagram.jpg
[3]: https://pandoc.org/

--