[PLUG] Anybody exploring Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 09:58:15 IST 2020

Hello,

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 at 17:12, yogesh powar <yogesh.powar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Amey,
>
> Any specific reason to use latest Ubuntu for server deployments? I thought you use GNU/Debian.

Debian is being used on the servers.
Developers use Ubuntu LTS release on laptops :-)

I am not a developer hence I have not started playing with PHP &
openJDK on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS for example.
Also, dev team runs micro services work load on their laptops before
putting it in dev env.
Before I roll out/upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, I am trying to collect
experiences of users & developers.

I use Debian & FreedomBox depending on requirement.
Base OS on my personal laptop is always openSUSE :-D