[PLUG] Modem Help

श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Tue Sep 12 11:57:29 IST 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 11:46, Arindam wrote:
> I heard that some of the "broadband" service providers in Pune are yet
> to offer services in a form that is readily (or at all) usable under
> Linux (read non-Windows). Not sure about this as I don't have
> broadband at home.

While this is true as in it does have essence of truth, lot of things work in
Linux, albeit not easily as in windows for the first go(very important, if it
works in linux it will keep working it your ISP damages itself by configuring
something stupid, unlike in windows) but broadband in linux works, for the
first time, about 50-60% of time and with efforts upto 80% of time..

 Shridhar