[PLUG] program for taking a image from webcam

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 15:14:33 IST 2010

On 04/05/2010 02:14 AM, Suraj Swami wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write a code to take a snap from the webcam and store it in .
> But I am not able to do the basic reading of images. I get all zero value.

How about using the libcheese library?

$ yum info cheese-libs
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
Name       : cheese-libs
Arch       : i686
Version    : 2.30.0
Release    : 1.fc13
Size       : 5.4 M
Repo       : installed
>From repo  : updates-testing
Summary    : Webcam display and capture widgets
URL        : http://projects.gnome.org/cheese/
License    : GPLv2+
 want to display a webcam in their interface.

Install the cheese-libs-devel package or equivalent to get the header
files.  Alternatively  Gyachi yahoo messenger has the ability to take
snaps from a webcam and you can look at the source code of that to
understand the details.

Rahul