[PLUG] Why I won't be speaking at FOSSsumMIT 2104

Thin Rhino thinrhino at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 11:17:23 IST 2014

On 13 December 2014 at 08:54, Gaurav Pant <gauravggs at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will end the same by giving the simple example:
>
> You want to promote use of Khadi and you are giving you speech wearing a
> Armani Suit -- Does not work out for me.

Dexter, classically flawed logic!

I was to talk about Jute, a natural fiber. I was not going to talk about
Khadi nor Armani.
And just because I choose to wear Armani, I am disqualified from talking
about the
usage of Jute?

My talk was NOT about using Linux or Mac OS X. My talk was about using
Python to
do data analysis.

Secondly, had I worn Khadi for that one day, I would have essentially
become a 'Dhongi'.
I chose to be truthful with myself and my audience. I said no to being a
'Dhongi'.

PLUG should give it a thought, as to who lost most? All I lost was a line
in my resume.

Cheers
Aditya