[PLUG] [Plug-mail] GNUnify 2015

G Karunakar indlinux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:51:39 IST 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 4:47 PM, Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे
<mandarvaze at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 4:33 AM, G Karunakar <indlinux at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:29 PM, pavithran s <pavi.eu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I agree but Pune can be an important place for a Pan India event like
>> > Foss dot in . There definitely is a space for an Indian event. Having
>> > RH office with localisation team of all languages is also a main
>> > factor here. Agreed that it does better when compared to other small
>> > events across country. Is there a scope of bigger event ? That was a
>> > question .. I am wondering !
>> >

>> Generic type events are no longer happening, if you see all events,
>

> BTW - I saw advt for "Open Source India" convention in "Open source for You"
> magazine today
> http://osidays.com/osidays/
>
> Is this similar to FOSS.IN ?

That would be again comparing 'apples' and 'oranges '

FOSS.IN was more of a community event, with hackers, developers,
users, newbies etc.

OSI days seems more commercialized one, with vendors, providers, end
users, newbies.

But as with any event its not about the talks, speakers, schedule but
the audience, networking & hacking that happens, many who feel the
loss of event like FOSS.IN, miss it due to that.

Karunakar