[PLUG] PLUG's XMPP group

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 21:55:22 IST 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 6:27 AM, Dhanesh B. Sabane
<dhanesh95 at disroot.org> wrote:
> Greetings everyone!
> As I mentioned today in the meeting, Raju has created a group on XMPP[1].  The process for joining this group is as follows:
>
> 1. Create an account on https://diasp.in/ or https://poddery.com/
>
> These are diaspora*[2] pods maintained by the Indian community.  This will give you an account for diaspora* social network and will also provide you with the necessary XMPP credentials.

The effort is appreciated but ... it is yet another forum that one has
to be a member of.  As is, the traffic in this forum is quite low.
Perhaps it appeals to the "always" connected users.  I am a FB user
but seldom log in there because of information overload. I have no
issues with it but wonder how many users will participate there.

> 2. Download the Conversations app (Android only) from F-Droid.  Use Monal if you are using iOS.
>
> Conversations : https://is.gd/qnodEA
> Monal : https://is.gd/RqNxNy

Thanks.  I have gone the minimalist way on my mobile devices.

Keep up the good work.

Best,
-- Arun Khan