[PLUG] Cheat Sheet / Quick Start Guide

श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Tue Dec 18 18:50:37 IST 2007

On Tuesday 18 Dec 2007 18:35:20 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर wrote:
> > - A mention that linux has flash player too. This suggestion is willing
> > to be erased for the spirit of FOSS.. ;)
>
> Not necessarily. Gnash and swfdec are Free software flash players.

Tried gnash but it did not work for me. It had many crashes, lockups etc. I am
running slackware 12.0, VESA video driver and konqueror as my browser. I will
not recommend it now for sure.

I Dont know about swfdec though. Never tried it myself.

And I don't think flash should be endorsed by FOSS. It is not an open format
AFAIK. I consider not having flash a feature.. ;) especially with metered
downloads..

Shridhar