[PLUG] Linux based phones.

Shantanoo Mahajan shantanoo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 02:11:30 IST 2007

On 26-Dec-07, at 11:06 AM, Nishit Dave wrote:

> I'm currently using a MotoRokr E6, and my experience has been very
> good.
> The phone almost never hangs, has a good feature set (but lacks EDGE
> capability), and is not expected to catch a virus.  It has an Opera
> min-browser, viewer for common document formats, pdf and images, image
> editor, Realplayer, reads standard SD cards up to 2GB.  I use it as
> an ebook
> reader at times.

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_rokr_e6-1810.php says,
EDGE(Class 10, 236.8 kbps) is supported. Will try to have a look at docs
from motorola's site.

> Battery is OK.  It was one of the first to offer a standard headset
> jack,
> and a mini USB slot for charging as well as access.

There are lots of computers with USB around us where phone can be
charged.

> It has a very few niggles, the major one being a tiny qwerty on-screen
> keyboard for typing messages - there is an alternative ABCD
> progression
> keyboard for searching names etc., but surprisingly it is not
> available for
> messaging.  This being a touchscreen-only phone, not recommended if
> you like
> to use it while driving.

Also in direct sunlight you may not be able to dial easily.

regards,
shantanoo