[PLUG] internet on FC2

Prashanth munichlinux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 21:55:56 IST 2007

On 6/11/07, Robin Panwala <robin.panwala at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Prashanth,
>
> already my eth0 has been configured for the ethernet/LAN connection.
>
> when I'm on a wireless network i.e. eth1, my eth0 remains inactive.

how do you know that its is inactive? did you down the device? (you
dint mention this)

> the point here is:
>
> The driver & firmware modules for eth1 (ipw2200) were successfully loaded.
>
> wireless network has been detected after giving the commands:
> # iwconfig eth1 essid [SSID] key open [encryption key]
>
> I've manually set my IP, subnet mask, default gateway & primary DNS details.
>
> Now I should in an ideal case be able to ping to my gateway/router IP address now that the wireless connection on eth1 is activated.

thats fine that your eth1 is active but how do machine know that the
packets should be transfered through eth0 or eth1? and also check to
which device your wireless is set to. The device which shows the
memory address is the wireless device( also check if there are some
proxy or some firewall)

--
regards,

|Prashanth|