[PLUG] muktadnyan

Desi Penguin desipenguin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:23:54 IST 2007

On 10/23/07, Vaibhav Kulkarni <netvaibhav at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/22/07, Desi Penguin <desipenguin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just a nitpick, correct way to spell ज्ञान is jnan, not dnyan. So
> website
> > should be muktajnan.org :)
>
> i'm not language guru, but i think jnyan is the hindi pronunciation
> while dnyan is the marathi one. anyone agree to that?

Per my understanding, hindi  should be more like "gyan"  ज्ञान is sanskrit.
I know Roman script can not accurately represent all the devnagari
alphabets. But "jn" is more closer than "dnyn". By the way, the original
alphabet used in sankrit is "moolashar", not "jodakshar".

-DP
P.S: I'm OK to end this discussion here, I'm not trying to prove any point.
I just find this discussion interesting, but I also understand that it does
not belong to PLUG, unless marked [OT]