[PLUG] Need Help: Sify Vs Linux

Manas Alekar maalekar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 17:13:53 IST 2008

Hello,

You need to give us more information to help you. There are three problems
that come to mind seeing what you tell us.

1. You have a problem with the nameserver.
2. You are behind a proxy and are not aware of it.
3. You have a problem with your browser.

In either case, you need to perform a few simple tests and let us know how
it goes. For your own benifit, we will suggest the tests but not the syntax.

1. Check if you can ping a few URL's.
2. If you cannot "DIG" the url.
3. Check to see what port and proxy (if any) windows uses.
4. Try to get through to a open DNS server.
5. Try working with another browser.

If you can answer these questions / run these tests, I am sure most of us
will have enough data to zero in on your problem.

Cheers,
Manas