[PLUG] kde4 experience- not so good

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 30 09:41:23 IST 2008

Arun Khan wrote:
> Sure, we can write bug reports on these but should not they have been caught during unit/integration testing?  These are basic HMI issues.

Unit/integration testing? How many projects do you think has any of
those? Do check how many major projects have anything resembling that
and you will be in for a surprise. It is to a large extend based on
testing from end users that these projects get to the point where they
are.  Maybe that should be different but it isn't the reality at the
moment.  Every major DE rewrite has been a disaster of sorts. GNOME
2.0/KDE 2.0 was not really any different. I would agree that messaging
might have been a bit more clear from the upstream project for this
release but that doesn't change what we are left with at this point.

Rahul