[PLUG] Firmware, tainted code etc [was Re: [X-Post] [ilugd] linux-libre kernel. fork?]

ഓം guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:17:57 IST 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/28 ഓം <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com>:
>> This related to electronics and things that are used for electrons!
>> So effect of the word *potential* also needs to be taken into account
>> (albeit in some point of view)  and taking that it into account... one
>> could easily argue that what you are probably calling is a barrier, so
>> enough potential will cross over the barrier and make the electrons
>> flow as they need to appropriately...

Technically I would call them charged particles just like I would call
someone arguing on behalf of FSF as charged follower..

> May be I slept in the class or you are talking rubbish,

Maybe both :-)

> but I thought
> electrons need a *potential difference* to flow. They never cross the
> higher potential as far as I remember, they flow from a higher
> potential to a lower potential.

everything is relatively easy to disprove...

> --
> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> <GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!

You need working phone to make a call to be precise...  that needs to
be manufactured using GPLed hardware and certified GPL'ed software!
If you are that keen on it.  You know the rest.  The degree of
tolerance??

> <DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?

What's the use of phone if it doesn't work?