[PLUG] Unable to play .WMV files.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 4 12:18:48 IST 2009

On 08/04/2009 10:53 AM, vaibhav wrote:

> Hello All,
>                    I installed mplayer using yum. But still i'm getting
> following error:
>
> "cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x3253534D"
>
> but it is able to play sound clearly. Could anyone please suggest..

If you have RPM Fusion repositories enabled (confirm with yum repolist),
then you can install all the codecs you ever need with

# yum install mplayer xine xine-lib-extras-freeworld
gstreamer-plugins-ugly gstreamer-plugins-bad
gstreamer-plugins-bad-extras gstreamer-ffmpeg vlc

Try with mplayer or xine. It should work fine.

Rahul