[PLUG] Unable to play .WMV files.

vaibhav vaibhav.khante at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:03:03 IST 2009

Hello All,
               Today i tried installing xine using following:
" yum install xine
       xine-lib-extras-freeworld
       gstreamer-plugins-ugly
       gstreamer-plugins-bad
       gstreamer-plugins-bad-extras
       gstreamer-ffmpeg"

It installed xine successfully. But while playing .wmv file it give
following error:
" The stream 'file://root/Desktop/abc/xyz.wmv used and unsupported codec:
Video codec: Unavailable (MSS2)
  Start playback anyway?  yes  no"

could anyone please suggest wether .wmv files can be played?

--Regards
Vaibhav