[PLUG] IMAP server directory setting in kmail

Kaustubh Gadkari kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:44:04 IST 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Shridhar
Daithankar<ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 August 2009 05:59:45 Kaustubh Gadkari wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to setup kmail to retrieve email from an IMAP server. When
>> I do, kmail downloads the entire contents of my home directory. I
>
> kmail downloads content of your home dir. or to your home dir.

The IMAP account that I am trying to setup is for my department email.
When I setup kmail, it downloads the entire contents of my department
account's home directory.
I did find a fix for this: I had to configure the personal namespace
to the full path of my mail folder (I had to set the namespace to
/path/to/home/directory/mail). and delete all other namespace entries.

Thanks,
Kaustubh

--
Kaustubh Gadkari
kaustubh [dot] gadkari [at] gmail [dot] com