[PLUG] Help in LDAP; Users can change their password

Meghanand Acharekar vasco.debian at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 12:48:02 IST 2009

>        - The user logins are successful, but when we try to change the
> password of the user using the 'passwd' command, the following error
> occurs,
>                        passwd: Module is unknown
>
>                        passwd: password unchanged
>
>        We need to allow users change their passwords, by some means,
> because
> these same accounts will also be working with Moodle.
>        Tried searching a lot over the net, but didnt find required
> solutions. Kindly Help us in this.

You can use 'ldappasswd'  to change password.

visit below link or Google 'ldappasswd example' for more information

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/cli/8.0/Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Command_Line_Utilities-ldappasswd.html

Meghanand N. Acharekar
" A proud Linux User "
Reg Linux User  #397975