[PLUG] Anyone who can setup a Linux intranet/corpnet?

Amit Karpe amitkarpe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 18:15:06 IST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Archis Gore <archisgore at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for some vendor/freelancers who can prove configuration of a corporate network-like intranet for a university/college department.
>
> This is sort of urgent, I'm in Pune for a week max, and would like to chalk out the design/architecture before I leave.
>
> In general, a lot of installations in Pune run Linux, but the whole ordeal is nightmarish - individual boxes managed by random people with no policies in enforcement. No Directory services means a whole array of user accounts, out of which many are orphaned. No good intranet collaborations, no CMS systems, etc.
>
> What I'm looking for is, someone who can take, say, just one department in college and turn it into what we're used to in a corporation - all the bells and whistles. Firewalls, private collaboration portals for different groups (teachers, administrators, students of a certain class), centralized authentication, automatic connectivity to WiFi once you're auth'd on the network, decent email with a good web-UI for home access, etc.
>
> Know anyone?

Dear Archis,
          I am sure give this will be great case study for other
college to follow it.
It will be great pleaser to see corporate network-like intranet for a academia.

I know Sushil can develop good open source based intranet by using
Drupal + Open Atrium.
And Dnyanraj can setup entire infra with Ubuntu & other open source tools.

Please feel free to contact them.
"Sushil Hanwate" <sushil at ascellent.co.in>
"Dnyanraj" <dnyanraj at sunonlinesolutions.com>

--