[PLUG] Anyone who can setup a Linux intranet/corpnet?

Arun Tomar tomar.arun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 00:16:00 IST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Archis Gore <archisgore at yahoo.com>

Hello all,

I'm looking for some vendor/freelancers who can prove configuration of a corporate network-like intranet for a university/college department.

This is sort of urgent, I'm in Pune for a week max, and would like to chalk out the design/architecture before I leave.

In general, a lot of installations in Pune run Linux, but the whole ordeal is nightmarish - individual boxes managed by random people with no policies in enforcement. No Directory services means a whole array of user accounts, out of which many are orphaned. No good intranet collaborations, no CMS systems, etc.

What I'm looking for is, someone who can take, say, just one department in college and turn it into what we're used to in a corporation - all the bells and whistles. Firewalls, private collaboration portals for different groups (teachers, administrators, students of a certain class), centralized authentication, automatic connectivity to WiFi once you're auth'd on the network, decent email with a good web-UI for home access, etc.

Know anyone?

Thanks,
Archis
 http://archisgore.com
Hi!
Archis.

We are a startup & professionally manage a lot of IT infrastructure in Pune on Linux
and Solaris. My companies name is Solution Enterprises. We can design, deploy, and
manage ( onsite or remotely) entire IT infrastructure on Linux or Solaris distribution
of your choice. Please feel free to contact me or provide your contact details.

Arun Tomar
(M) +91 93701 47939
(O) +91 20 22951567
blog: http://linuxguy.in