[PLUG] Ideas for Linux seminar/workshop

Aditya Jaltade adityajaltade at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 18:18:45 IST 2009

Hi all,

I am a final year (B.E) student studying Computer Engineering at Vishwakarma
Institute of Technology .
We are planning to hold a workshop on Linux during our college event
VITality, held as a part of the larger event Melange from Jan 25, 2010 - Jan
31, 2010
We have had, at some point, a few "Introduction to Linux"
seminars/workshops, and so we are looking at something beyond that.
We have a few ideas in mind like having a seminar/workshop on "Development
tools for the Linux platform" and "Benefits to students and their
institutions from Open Source projects".
The whole idea of the workshop is to push students to start using Linux in a
meaningful way and also contribute to the Linux Community.

Can anyone please suggest other options?

Once the topics are decided, we are also looking for speakers who can
deliver seminars/conduct workshops. This can be discussed off-the-list.
Any inputs in this regard are welcome!

--
With Regards
Aditya Jaltade