[PLUG] Ideas for Linux seminar/workshop

Amit Karpe amitkarpe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 19:44:38 IST 2009

Hello Aditya

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Aditya Jaltade <adityajaltade at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a final year (B.E) student studying Computer Engineering at Vishwakarma
> Institute of Technology .
> We are planning to hold a workshop on Linux during our college event
> VITality, held as a part of the larger event Melange from Jan 25, 2010 - Jan
> 31, 2010
> We have had, at some point, a few "Introduction to Linux"
> seminars/workshops, and so we are looking at something beyond that.
> We have a few ideas in mind like having a seminar/workshop on "Development
> tools for the Linux platform" and "Benefits to students and their
> institutions from Open Source projects".
> The whole idea of the workshop is to push students to start using Linux in a
> meaningful way and also contribute to the Linux Community.
>
> Can anyone please suggest other options?
>
> Once the topics are decided, we are also looking for speakers who can
> deliver seminars/conduct workshops. This can be discussed off-the-list.
> Any inputs in this regard are welcome!

You can arrange seminar/workshop on
1. Open Source Mobile Platform
( Moblin, OpenMoko, Maemo, Android, symbian, Ubuntu Mobile & Embedded etc.)
2. Web Technologies in Open Source
( Apache, MySQL,  PHP, Python ( django )
CMS- Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress )
3. Open Source for Embedded
4. Linux Kernel
5. Open Source Clustering Technologies
6. Open Source Storage Technologies
7. Open Source Vitalization Technologies

Or in general you arrange seminar/workshop on
1. Free Software Movement
2. Free Software & Licenses
3. History Free Software
4. Free Software Philosophy
5. Free Software & India

For beginner :
Linux Migration
Gaming on Linux
Multimedia on Linux
Server Administration on Linux
Introduction of Programming Languages on Linux
Development tools on Linux