[PLUG] Problem with installation of Linux

Pranav Peshwe pranavpeshwe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 16:02:56 IST 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Rajendra Sakpal <
rajendrasakpal.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> I am new to Linux installation & trying to install Red Hat 8 that is
> shipped
> with the book "Official Red Hat Linux User's Guide".  The installation is
> stalling in the initial step.  Following is the console output beyond which
> the installation doesn't seem to proceed even after waiting for several
> (30-45) minutes.  As per the installation instructions, I should expect a
> Welcome screen for the installation once I choose the mode of installation
> i.e. graphical or text.  I tried to install in both graphical & text modes.
> However, the end result was same.

I need some help to go ahead with the installation.  Could you please help
> me with pointers to resolve the installation issue?

It would be helpful if you share the configuration of the machine you are
trying to install on.

Also, is there any specific reason why you have chosen to install RH 8 ? RH
8 is around 7 years old and, there have been more than 10 versions after
that. Unless you are dealing with that old a machine i would recommend you
to move to a newer version of the distro.
In fact, if you are using a newer motherboard, graphics card and disk (its a
1TB disk i guess), RH 8 might not be able to drive it.

My 2 cents...
HTH.

Best regards,
Pranav