[PLUG] accounting and excise billing on Linux

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Fri Mar 26 23:31:55 IST 2010

On Friday 26 March 2010 10:44:11 Prashant Shah wrote:
> > This is a very important project, so I suggest we discuss this in
> > community openly.
>
> You are right. How do we take this forward ?

We need people using tally who are willing to experiment. They can tell us how
tally is used and how that usage can be better addressed.

> I had made prototype long back in QT :)
>
> http://freeacc.blogspot.com/

Thats a good initiative. I hope more developers and users join the effort.

> I am currently evaluating django and rails. Any thoughts on this ?

Am a C++ guy, so thats a wrong question. :) However the project must offer
hosted accounting i.e. not only the product but the service also.

--
Regards
 Shridhar