[PLUG] accounting and excise billing on Linux

Mithun Shitole mithunit at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 23:15:02 IST 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Prashant Shah <pshah.mumbai at gmail.com>wrote:

> > This is a very important project, so I suggest we discuss this in
> community
> > openly.
>
> You are right. How do we take this forward ?
>
> I had made prototype long back in QT :)
>
> http://freeacc.blogspot.com/
>
> I think the desktop road will be very limiting (and hard to maintain),
> web based will be much better.
>
> I am currently evaluating django and rails. Any thoughts on this ?
>
> With my previous experience (with the QT version) I have partly
> completed the basic database design.
>
> http://freeacc.drupalgardens.com/developer/database-structure
>
> Need more help and feedback from community.
>
> Regards.

    Are we making it generic something like GnuCash or restricting ourselves
to something more of a inventory management thing, as your screen shot
suggest?
I am trying to learn some basic accounting concepts, for which i think help
file of a GnuCash is a very good resource. here is link
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.0/C/gnucash-guide/
--
Mithun Shitole
BE[IT]