[PLUG] Can not use the wireless network in Fedora 15

Chaitany Kulkarni shreeseva.it at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 23:16:37 IST 2011

Hello,
I can not use wireless network in fedora 15. The device is shown as wlano0
and when I try to configure and enable it, it is taken off again. I tried
this many times using network manager. When I tried it with ifconfig it
didn't shown any error but then also I can not configure it. I am using
Lenove z570 having atheros built-in device.
ifconfig shows as follows.
ifconfig wlan0
wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 68:A3:C4:3D:A1:4E
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
systemctl  shows a line in the outout as follows =
sys-devi...t-wlan0.device loaded active plugged       AR9285 Wireless
Network Adapter (PCI-Express)

I have also searched for latest drivers for AR9285 but found that latest
art09 (or something like that) are already installed. I didn't gave a try
for other drivers or wrappers.

Please give the details to turn it on and configure it.

Thanks and regards,

Chaitanya Kulkarni
--
Copyright. All rights are reserved for any object, text, ideas, images and
any other things.