[PLUG] बेडियन फॉर नेटबुक्स...

मःसागरः o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Wed Apr 18 15:27:46 IST 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/4/18 मःसागरः <o.s.h.o at guruvision.com>:
>> sure, eeepc 1215B, with 320 GB of hard disk...
>>
>> another interesting thing, as I was attempting to load kubuntu just
>> few minutes back alongside debianKDE  that I installed last evening
>> (which did not come to my expectations because lot of things are
>> intelligible by my standard about how to configure X again etc.)
>
> Why do you have to configure X again? Did it take a smaller resolution?

that is true, instead of full 1366x__, it dropped me to 1024x768 and
in that too text looks sufficiently streched to think reconfiguring X.

>> the kubuntu suddenly declared that the remaining 200Gb (left out after
>> debian install) is unusuable...
>> and it does not want to play along debian...
>
> I guess you created primary partitions instead of logical partitions.
> It is a limitation of DOS partition table which allows for only 4
> primary partitions in a hard disk.

and why should I not have my home as primary, as well as, / and /boot?

rest all can be logical...

please do feel free to educate me about this issue... because if my
thinking is correct data from primary partition is better recoverable
than those whose logical link gets wiped out...

from recovery point of view always safe to have important stuff on
primary, of course that if old way of think, starting around or before
advent of linux and gnu!

and of-course nothing is as safe as keeping all the data off-computers :-)
--
१. Stupid question always warrants a stupid answer!
२. Why question the answer, unless question itself is the answer ?