[PLUG] Help required - system administration from basics

Sunil Beta Baskar betasam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 08:32:27 IST 2012

> I don't know whether this is the right way to ask help from PLUG. But want
> to learn administration both network and internet connectivity. I am using
> Ubuntu from almost 2 years but want to learn networking in linux from
> basics. If any one can guide me, please give me the links or contact of
> person who can help me.

This reference needs some update, but is probably the best on the
subject: http://tldp.org/LDP/sag/html/index.html

Debian Stable is what you must get comfortable using for a production
box. You can use Ubuntu to learn, no doubts on that.

Post your queries here as you start setting up a network server, that
would be far better than one person giving individual help unless time
is a major constraint for you.

Beta