[PLUG] Network Attached Storage - Linux experience

Vikas Damodar Garud vikas at techqual.com
Mon Sep 17 16:48:07 IST 2012

On Monday 17 Sep 2012 4:18:27 PM you wrote:
> open filer...
> http://www.openfiler.com/community/download/

Thanks for very quick response.  However, I'm still at loss.  Perhaps I should
have mentioned that I'm not an expert, just a user who prefers Linux.

Looking through the openfiler website (the link posted by you), I saw that it
is a Linux distribution that needs to be installed.  I am not clear where I
should install it.  I already have laptops - One with SuSE Linux and another
with Ubuntu Linux which I want to to use for my day to day work.  Replacing
current OS from any of those laptops does not make sense to me.

I am looking to buy an external Hard Disk that can be connected to Ethernet
post on existing router so that I can store and access data on this disk from
any device (laptop/Smart phone) connected to the network.

Thanks,
Vikas Garud.