[PLUG] Fwd: [HW] PCI Express x1 VGA card availability in India

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 13:20:12 IST 2013

I am encountering X11 issues with the embedded Matrox G200eW chipset
on a server motherboard (Supermicro).   The server board has only x8
PCI-e slots; no x16 slots (required for the VGA cards readily
available).

Debian Squeeze (amd64) stock 2.6.32 kernel installed by the distro.

The Linux kernel fails to load the MGA (Xorg) driver and falls back to
VESA Frame Buffer driver.  The VESA driver does not support the
hardware features that our application needs (xawtv/tvtime).

I have searched but have not found any conclusive solution to the
problem.  A few have suggested installing a PCI Express x1 VGA card
like this one [a].

Please share OEM/model + Indian vendor, in case you have come across
anyone stocking PCI express x1 VGA cards.

[a] <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500299>

TIA
--
Arun Khan
Sent from my non-iphone/non-android device