[PLUG] Why I won't be speaking at FOSSsumMIT 2104

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:13:47 IST 2014

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 11:57 PM, ThinRhino <thinrhino at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was scheduled to give a talk at FOSSsumMIT 2104, but I was asked to use a Open
> Source License compliant operating system to give the talk. I have blogged about
> it in detail here -> http://adityalaghate.in/no-to-symbolism.html
>
> The reason, I invoke this thread / discussion is that this happened to me at two
> conferences and the common denominator was PLUG. I used be an active member of
> the list in it's heydays.

The usage of OS X devices at various programming language conferences
is well blogged and tweeted. There is perhaps a general degree of
acceptance of the platform chosen by a speaker to demonstrate the
content of the presentation. Having said that, conference organizers
are, within reason, allowed to dictate the general environment and
perhaps the strictness around non OSS OS is within that scope. It
would be better if the organizers and the speakers set the
expectations *before* the talk rather than *during* the talk.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>