[PLUG] Please Sign The Petition

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:53:17 IST 2015

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Milind Oka <oak445 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  thanks all
> I do not want any Linux user to change to BOSS. Because they are already
> doing the thing that I want. You people keep using the distros you want but
> I need your support
> even if you criticize me.

.......  snip ......

I laud your effort and intend to support your campaign - if nothing then at
least bring attention to a FOSS alternative.

For reasons cited by others, BOSS will not have any widespread adoption.
In it's early days, I installed and used it for a couple of days and
switched back to Debian immediately.  RHEL/CentOS has more traction among
the IT folks (including the govt. IT bodies -- thanks to RHCSA/RHCE
certification programs).

IMO, their focus should have been on choosing a couple of distros like
CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian and create the "Indianization" packages relevant to
the government bodies.

-- Arun Khan