[PLUG] OpenOffice Vs. LibreOffice

॥ ॐ.का र.हस्य.ॐ ॥ guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 08:37:33 IST 2015

On Sunday 15 Mar 2015 4:19:15 PM shirish शिरीष wrote:
> at bottom :-
>
> On 3/15/15, ॥ ॐ.का र.हस्य.ॐ॥ <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have to take this call.
> >
> > Whether to install "Apache Openoffice" or "Reinstall LibreOffice"
> > as LibreOffice installed by DefaultOS has failed.
> >
> > Anybody willing to share highlights of differences as where and
> > which one handles things better, that could be a real illumination
> > for people willing to learn not-for-(self)profit.
> >
> > "Freedom of Speech" was never promised as "Freedom of Secured
> > Speech", but that does not mean we necessarily need GNU-PG
> > for it.
> > --
> > Does the word "OpenPrivacy" ring some bell?  That still remains an
> > Open Secret.
>
> Hi all,
> Please take a look at
> http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/feature/Why-to-try-LibreOffice
> -vs-OpenOffice-free-office-suites
>
> There seem to be some good points in there.

Agreed, there are many good points in there, However what convinced me to
install Apache Office was it did not crash on my DefaultOS, while LibreOffice
suddenly disappeared from the menubar et.al. twice.

Maybe this is temporary, but I wish Apache_OpenOffice to improve as much and as
fast as LibreOffice.
--
Ever pondered about the genesis of word "Office" in English?