[PLUG] OpenOffice Vs. LibreOffice

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:53:16 IST 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 4:25 PM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> This also seems to be giving some idea of the feature-set of
> Libreoffice but this is more vis-a-vis Office 2013
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_Office

NIce comparative chart and thanks for the links.  It is a great
reference material for those who are contemplating migration.

I was using LO until version 4.3.[23] but switched to OO.  LO would
suo moto loose embedded files (e.g. png/jpeg) and  also loose text
content for files saved in .doc format.

I hope the current incarnate of LO has fixed those problems on the
other hand OO is serving me and my sister's office quite well (we
don't loosed embedded pictures and the entire text).

My two cents.

-- Arun Khan