[PLUG] PLUG meeting washed out due to unseasonal rains

G Karunakar karunakar at fontserv.in
Tue Oct 13 00:07:38 IST 2015

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 09:00:36 +0530
Gaurav Pant wrote:

> Interestingly I and few others did not receive the mails of PLUG
> meet announcement. If others have not recieved the same please
> notify about the same here.

<snip> I found one of my gmail id getting a bounce notice from list,
ie. id being unsubscribed due to excessive bounces.
I think the issue would be with majority folks using gmail ids or
mail based on it, when new post mail goes out, it apparently hits
some gmail limit on how many mail a host can send over to google mail
servers, so it is probably rejecting for some ids, while our mail
server keeps trying to successfully send to everyone.

Similar issue was faced by Netneutrality/savetheinternet folks when
they asked ppl to send TRAI response with a cc going to one of their
gmail ids.

Karunakar