[PLUG] debian 8.x woes... (supplimentary)

In Car Nay Shun look.kool at guruvision.com
Tue Aug 16 11:47:35 IST 2016

<snipped>
==========0=0=0=0=0=======
little bit of background

When I installed debian 7.x/8.0 on the same machine long time back it removed
the graphical login, so we were using it by first logging into text mode and
then invoking startx.

Seems like recent updates fixed that problem and automagically graphical login
is presented now.  This is one of the reasons I use Mageia on my Netbook/Lappy
and not Debian. OR Maybe I lack technical skills to fix debian problems due to
philosophy or otherwise :-)

I honestly feel that unless we ourselves can get small children & kids using
any particular distribution of  Linux without problem, the success is not
achieved for that particular distribution.  I am sure there are quite a few
kids friendly distributions out there, but right now I am talking of Debian.

On that count Debian is still a lot behind, at least in my books.