[PLUG] openSUSE conference 2016 recorded sessions available

Sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 15:05:22 IST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> board members, core developers etc without any hesitation. And also
> there is a live project meeting in each oSC where contributors can
> give suggestions,ideas,complaints etc. There is also live streaming of
> oSC's & recorded sessions are available at opensusetv YouTube channel.
>
> Apart of technical talks, there are fun activities as well. This year
> at oSC there was SUSE band, beer garden with openSUSE beer, sponsored
> food by various sponsors.. Last year there were retro games for free,
> sponsored food, below 10Euro in house accommodation & much more. And
> yes person in blazer,shirt,office shoes is a odd man out at oSC's. ;-)
>
> There are few number of attendees from India at oSC till date. We were
> 2~3 people from India who used to attend oSC. This year it was just me
> from India. Few folks from SUSE lab's Beijing & Taipei office were
> present.
>
> Usually where openSUSE conference helds at? =
>
> i) 2012 oSC was at Czech technical university in Prague , Czech
> Republic / Group photo =
>
> https://news.opensuse.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Day2-Sunday-068_DSC_7651.jpg
> ii) 2013 oSC was at Olympic museum in Thessaloniki, Greece / Group
> photo =  https://news.opensuse.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/MG_4865.jpg
> iii) 2014 oSC was held at Dubrovnik university, Dubrovnik city,
> Croatia / Group photo =
> https://news.opensuse.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/CSC_0177.jpg
> iv) 2015 oSC was held at Den Haag, The Netherlands / Group photo =
>
> http://www.linux-magazine.com/var/linux_magazin/storage/images/issues/2015/176/opensuse-conference-2015/figure-2/651976-1-eng-US/Figure-2_reference.png
> v) 2016 oSC was at Nuremberg, Germany. / Group photo =
> https://thefreecountry.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/dsc_0007_1.jpg
>
> So yes openSUSE conference host cities are within Europe always.
> 3 years back openSUSE started hosting 'openSUSE Asia' summit which
> till date got tremendous response.
> 1st oSC was in Bejing, last year it was at Taipei & this year openSUSE
> Asia summit is at Yogyakarta, Indonesia in November month.
> cFP is still open. If you want to give talks on any open source
> technology topics you can submit your talks.
> Entry to openSUSE conference & openSUSE Asia summit remains FREE of
> charge. ^_^
>
> Feel free to throw in any queries related to openSUSE.
> I'll try to answer.
> Else you can always join opensuse-project mailing list to get answers.  :-)
>
> Lastly I wont forget to mention, I learnt Linux from fellow PLUGies
> back in 2003~2004.
> And that's how I started joining/contributing to various open source
> technology user groups/communities.
> I always promote PLUG at open source conferences overseas. [inc GNUnify
> event]
> Most FOSS enthusiasts/developers from Europe are still under
> impression that Bangalore & South Indian cities are hub of open source
> technology enthusiasts for India region.

Thats a nice write up Amey !!

It will be really nice if you can share this in person in the upcoming PLUG
meeting. Dexter has already indicated and asked for people to take up some
session.
It will be really great to get experiences from 2 Global conferences in
PLUG meeting. You will be one and other could be Shirish Agarawal who
attended Debconf recently.

Requesting both to take up sessions.

Regards
-Sudhanwa

> > Regards
> > -Sudhanwa
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> This year openSUSE conference aka oSC was held at Nuremberg, Germany
> >> in last week of June.
> >>
> >> Recorded video sessions from oSC16 =
> >>
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_AMhvchzBaeIQntCDiVNUUgmRaAzam1V
> >>
> >> oSC16 group photo =
> >> https://news.opensuse.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/DSC_0007_1.jpg
> >>
> >> openSUSE conference returned back to Nuremberg after 4 years.
> >> Nuremberg is base/HQ of SUSE Linux.
> >> Needless to say, SUSE Linux is always 1 of the main/core sponsor of
> >> openSUSE conference.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Amey.
> >

> > --

> > web: www.sudhanwa.com  blog: www.sudhanwa.in
> > Twitter: sudhanwa Check on FB, Linkedin for more.