[PLUG] Checking for availability of Ubuntu 16.04 DVD.

Swapnil Kulkarni (coolsvap) me at coolsvap.net
Wed Sep 14 14:07:39 IST 2016

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 12:28 PM, akshat <akshat-pg8 at iiitmk.ac.in> wrote:
> Dear Atul,
>
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 10:35 PM, Atul Sowani <sowani at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Akshat,
>>
>> It seems you are not reading my request with open eyes and a functioning
>> brain.
>

> With my eyes open and functioning brain I am kindly requesting you to
> deposit Rs.1000/- in my account that I will send you in a separate mail and
> send me your address I will provide you.
>

>> Yes, I do know that nobody "sells" Ubuntu. What I am asking for is a
>> readymade media because I am unable to download the ISO due to internet
>> constraints. BTW, Linux can be "sold" for nominal price which covers the
>> media and distribution costs.
>

> I think this will be a nomial price for me for taking the pain of
> downloading for you and sending it.
>

>> Also, for your kind information, I have been using Linux right from the
>> time when Linux kernel version was 1.2.3.
>

> Good for you..
>

>> Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Atul.
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:47 AM, akshat <akshat-pg8 at iiitmk.ac.in> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Atul,
>>>
>>> Seems like you are new to Linux world. Ubuntu is freely available to
>>> download nobody sells Ubuntu. Ubuntu is an opensource (with some exceptions)
>>> Debian based Linux operating system which can download from the following
>>> ink:
>>>
>>> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop
>>>
>>> By default, it will ask for $15 donation that you can set to $0 and
>>> download without any cost. For more information please read about Linux,
>>> Ubuntu, Debian, Gnu and OpenSource Softwares.

>>> --
>>> Akshat Singh
>>> [PG-8 IIITM-Kerala]
>>> Pune
>>>
>>> Mob.: +91-8806963718
>>> Webpage: home-akshatsingh.rhcloud.com/aks/
>>>

> --
> Akshat Singh
> [PG-8 IIITM-Kerala]
> Pune
>
> Mob.: +91-8806963718
> Webpage: home-akshatsingh.rhcloud.com/aks/

Hi Atul,

It was just a response to your request. You never mentioned about
internet constraints in the original mail.
Your response was hurtful not only to Akshat but whoever wishes to
reply to a request.
I had complete message drafted to ask you if you can collect
DVD/bootable pen drive over the weekend.
But you cannot buy everything in a community. All the best with your
future adventures with Ubuntu.

Swapnil