[PLUG] Debian 9 Stretch release party

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 23:20:09 IST 2017

at bottom :-

On 27/06/2017, Dhanesh B. Sabane <dhanesh95 at disroot.org> wrote:

<snipped>

> The details of the release party have been added to the wiki page. Have
> a look here:
> https://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartyStretch/#ReleasePartyStretch.2FIndia.2FPune.India:_Pune

Dear all,

Dhanesh, first of all added my 2 bits. Next somebody has added putting
apt-cacher-ng as a partial mirror. Have you discussed with co-hive
about -

a. Bandwidth demands
b. Making one system a server, putting a dedicated static IP for the
duration of the install-fest.

You might have to spend an hour or more on making the server
(preferably the day before) and also need a hand or two to test that
the server's IP resolves from inside the network and packages are
downloading.

If you do not have the resources or/and time would suggest to go the
usb key way, would be longer but simple .

Another thing, in my experience, the installfest takes about couple of
hours or more to get done.  What I would suggest is using the
in-between time to talk to people the topics shared in the release
party note. This will help us save time and energy  both. I do hope
you have downloaded and installed the tools I had shared required for
Debian QA as well.

Call me on Thursday evening and we can discuss any loose-ends.

I would suggest that you send the invitation letter which will be sent
to all attendees tomorrow evening just in case something needs to be
amended and then send it tomorrow night itself. This will give time to
attendees to do whatever is required of them and be present for the
meet-up. I know you have already done the same on meetup.com but
*think* have forgotten about telling them about bringing usb
keys/thumbdrive as well.

Looking forward to your response.

> Regards,
> --