[PLUG] Debian 9 Stretch release party

Dhanesh B. Sabane dhanesh95 at disroot.org
Wed Jun 28 21:28:44 IST 2017

On Tuesday 27 June 2017 11:20 PM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Dhanesh, first of all added my 2 bits. Next somebody has added putting
> apt-cacher-ng as a partial mirror. Have you discussed with co-hive
> about -
>
> a. Bandwidth demands

Gaurav is looking into it and will update soon.

> b. Making one system a server, putting a dedicated static IP for the
> duration of the install-fest.
>
> You might have to spend an hour or more on making the server
> (preferably the day before) and also need a hand or two to test that
> the server's IP resolves from inside the network and packages are
> downloading.
>
> If you do not have the resources or/and time would suggest to go the
> usb key way, would be longer but simple .

The USB key way will be implemented. The only reason we want to include
a server is because we want to learn more out of it. Plus it will be fun
and convenient for people to get a few packages there and then.

> Another thing, in my experience, the installfest takes about couple of
> hours or more to get done.  What I would suggest is using the
> in-between time to talk to people the topics shared in the release
> party note. This will help us save time and energy  both. I do hope
> you have downloaded and installed the tools I had shared required for
> Debian QA as well.

I think this way sounds good. People will have something to do or listen
to and there will be no slack.

> Call me on Thursday evening and we can discuss any loose-ends.
>
> I would suggest that you send the invitation letter which will be sent
> to all attendees tomorrow evening just in case something needs to be
> amended and then send it tomorrow night itself. This will give time to
> attendees to do whatever is required of them and be present for the
> meet-up. I know you have already done the same on meetup.com but
> *think* have forgotten about telling them about bringing usb
> keys/thumbdrive as well.
>
> Looking forward to your response.

If possible, I'll get this done tonight. If not, I'll do it tomorrow.

Dhanesh B. Sabane
https://dhanesh95.gitlab.io