[PLUG] 'WidevineCdm' component issue in Chromium browser [Raspberry Pi 3/Raspbian OS]

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 12:48:02 IST 2017

Hello All,

I am facing 'WidevineCdm' digital rights component issue in Chromium browser.
Error in Chromium says browser is missing this component.

Raspberry Pi version: 3
Model: B
OS: Raspbian
OS Release: September 2017
SUDO apt-get update done = Yes

Some R & D done as follows =

-Tried to update the default component using non root account but it's
not updating.
-Tried to update Chromium components as root but I am not able to find
the code to modify respective config file.
- Tried to follow work around suggested for 'Netflix'. Same issue.

Just want to know if anybody found work around for this issue.
I want to play Amazon prime India video's.
Firefox crashes in Raspbian OS. This bug is already reported. :-/
I have not tried to play amazon prime in Iceweasel browser.

Thanks.

Regards,
Amey.