[PLUG] 'WidevineCdm' component issue in Chromium browser [Raspberry Pi 3/Raspbian OS]

Nilesh Naykodi causticnay at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 13:04:36 IST 2017

I had the same issue with rasp pi3. I found that the widevinecdm component
is developed by google for their chrome browser and for other browsers in
amd64 and i386 arch only as i know.
And chrmium browser for rasp pi3 has been compiled for armhf arch and
widevine as a plugin is not available for armhf.

I tried to copy the plugin from chrome amd64 to chromium armhf but that did
not work. So chromium in rasp pi will not run DRM content.

The solution here is to compile the chromium with widevine for armhf.

If anyone get the source code for widevine plz forward the link on plug.

Thanking you
Nilesh Naykodi