[PLUG] Debconf 20/21 in India

Skool!lookS look.kool at guruvision.com
Mon Aug 6 12:15:10 IST 2018

On Sunday 05 August 2018 03:15 PM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> at bottom :-
>
> On 05/08/2018, Amey Abhyankar <sco1984 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> नमस्ते,
>>
>> On 4 August 2018 at 13:03, rajudev <rajudev at disroot.org> wrote:

>> Pune is definitely a good strategic city.
>> Close to Asia's 1 of the busiest airport i.e. Mumbai & accessible from
>> Bangalore,Hyderabad,Cochin & other metro cities by several mode of
>> transportations.
>>
>> I have a wild guess that University of Pune aka Savitribai Phule
>> university can help to host DebConf.
>>
>> I have attended Cent OS DOJO event in University Of Pune's campus few
>> years back arranged by Pune Linux User Group.
>>
>> University Of Pune has many dormitories.
>> Date just need to be when its holiday time for university students I guess.
>> :-)
>>

> Dear Amey,
>
> I dunno if we chose Pune to be the host city that Savitribhai Phule
> University may be a good match or not. There has been a lot of
> disturbing news coming from the University.
>
> a. Couple of years ago the Police Station which was at the entrance of
> the University was moved, why we don't know.
>
> b. Security is and continues to be an issue. Chain-snatching and
> robberies have been reported in the area but no action taken.
>
> c. I have seen some of the dorms and seen that many are not maintained
> properly. Bed bugs and issues like that. In fact just few months ago,
> quite a number of students have agitated about the conditions in the
> hostels/dorms.
>
> d. The budget of the University has been shrinking over the years and
> has been in the news for that.
>
> If you think of some specific building or/and buildings we can check
> out together let me know, would be willing to come there and see if it
> can be usable for a conference of the size that we need.
>
> e. There are alternatives near the University as well, IISER is one,
> the building opposite the Pune University entrance which has the IAS
> Officers training courses has pretty good hall .
>
> All of these venues we would need to talk and ask and know budgets,
> availability etc.
>
> There are multiple 1/2/3 star hotels all over the road which we would
> need to talk as well as some people may not want to be in dorms even
> if they were clean.

What Three Star hotel availability has got to do with DebCon?

Ethiopia may have only huts, is technology an enabler or tool for
dividing people into comfort and display of how hospitable scene can be?

Think of it like the Title "City of Joy" (because I haven't read it) and
learn to NJoy..

Many people call me by name Shirish, but Donkey will also be equally
good with proper case like "DonKey" :-)
--
Consultant Spirituel

Guruvision Inc.

--
"Science is nothing more than an understanding of the way the world
  is and why it is that way.. (it) is the method we use to try and